Try this simple method to make nutritious and delicious soup!
- ½ tsp Fundy Dulse Dulse Flake
- 1~2 tsp Bully Goth Farm Oyster Mushroom Powder
- 1~2 cups Vegetables, cut into a bite size
- ~1 cup Tofu, meat, portly or seafood (optional), cut into a bite size
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2~3 cups Water
- Chopped green onion or parsley for garnish (optional)
2~3 tbsp + extra Miso for Miso soup
Sea salt and pepper for other kind of soup
Specific Ingredients for Red Soup:
– Vegetables – include beets (red variety), potatoes and onions
– Use beef, portly or lamb instead of Tofu or seafood
– A bay leaf in the layer of ‘leaves’
– Sour cream
*1 cup = 250ml
- Layer the ingredients in order of Yin-Yang method (below).
Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on the top.
- Pour water, send your love (pray for the best taste!), cover and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- When all ingredients are tender, turn the heat off.
For Miso soup – Add 2~3 tbsp of Miso and stir well. Taste and add more as needed. Optional fresh chopped green onions to garnish.
For Red soup – Season with salt and pepper. Serve with sour cream.
- Try various vegetables, especially when you make a large amount at once.
- The best is to use seasonal vegetables available at that time.
- Beet greens and kale are great additions for a large batch of soup as well as turnip, zucchini and winter squash.
- For dry beans and/or grain, pre-soaking is recommended. If you add dry, make sure you pour enough water. You also need to count much longer time to cook with the dry beans and grains. A crockpot/slow cooker is a great tool for it.